Seriously it feels like we just brought her home from the hospital. She has gotten so big, I've just started making our blog book and did the pages where she was a new born and she was so teeny tiny I can't believe it! She has changed so much in that time, these are a few of the fun things about Marley at her year mark:
- She is the happiest, smiliest little thing EVER! She has the biggest smile, when she smiles her whole face lights up
- She is such a cuddle bug. She loves to press her face against mine while giving me a big hug or nuzzle her face in my shoulder. If you EVER lay down on the ground she will go after you and come and nuzzle you with her face and lay on you EVERY TIME.
- She has always been an amazing sleeper (except for when we're away from home more than a couple nights, then it's a nightmare)
- She loves to climb, especially the stairs! She thinks it is the funnest game ever to go up the stairs as fast as she can so she can get up before mommy runs to get her down (we have a baby gate at the top but we've found we need to get another one at the bottom).
- She is pretty dramatic, there is no guessing how she's feeling (just like her big sister).
- She LOVES music, it doesn't matter what kind of music she hears she will just start bouncing on her bum and clapping to the music.
- She loves to imitate others. Examples: She is always trying to do whatever her big sister is doing and no one can make that girl laugh like Kaydence, they are so fun to watch play together. She is always pretending to talk on the phone putting the phone against her ear and shoulder and jabbering. If you start laughing she will start laughing like she understands what's so funny.
- She loves to clap. If anyone starts cheering or anything she just starts clapping.
- She is super strong. Kaydence has always been very sensitive and delicate (if she bumps her arm she cries like she just broke it in three places) but Marley won't even make a peep if she bumps her head or anything. Right after I gave birth to her they put her on the scale to get her weight and look at her and she grabbed the nurses scrubs and was pulling herself up! It was crazy! She is still super strong.
Her birthday was on a Thursday so we had a little tea party with mini cupcakes with pink frosting and sprinkles and some punch (Kaydence's idea of what we should do for Marley on her b-day).
The girls just love helping mommy cook
I love all the faces she makes, such a ham!
Kaydence loves adding the sprinkles
Marley loved the final product
That Saturday we had a fun day with Tanner, Chan, and Parker for Marley's birthday. We all went over to our Rec center to play! The kids love playing in the fun center.
My amazing sis-in-law with the birthday girl
Kaydence loves the huge play thingy that you climb, crawl, jump, slide, and do just about everything in.
If there are stairs or anything to climb even remotely near Marley she will find them.
I've made all these fun bows for Marley but she will not keep them in her hair for anything!
Climbing up mommy's leg
My adorable little nephew Parker playing the Nintendo games, he is such a boy (I don't think Kaydence even noticed they were here before)
Playing in the grocery section
While the kiddos were playing Chan and I were tearin it up on the Dance Dance Revolution Machine! The guys were getting a little work out in while the kids were playing too! Then we all went to the pool
Marley loves the water! She is fearless, she just wants to go everywhere and splash!
Parker was loving the slide, he was trying all sorts of moves going down!
Travis tried to take Kaydence down the big swirly slide but she is still too little (you have to go alone too and she would NOT have liked that)
We also took turns getting in the hot tub
Parker was showing us how he can float on his back, he is such a little fish!
Then Tanner and Chan took us out to eat at the Olive Garden (we drew names for Christmas so we thought it would be fun just to do some dates together so the next trip is our treat).
By the time we got to the restaurant I think Parker was beat! He had been playing so hard and fell asleep in the car... and on the table :)
It was packed and Marley was a little crazy just wanting to grab everything in sight so we got a few looks but oh well (on our next date I'm getting a babysitter but we were celebrating her birthday after all so it would be a little weird not to bring the birthday girl this time).
Then we came home for a little cake and ice cream!
(I just used the leftover frosting from the cupcakes and I should have made more so it would be smooth but I was simply too lazy).
Kaydence LOVES Parker, she gets SOOO excited to see him! They are so cute together!
Marley was trying to get the cake before we even set her down so when I set it infront of her she wasn't sure what to do... for about a half a second
(trying to eat it all in one bite)
The girl was in desperate need of a bath after that!
After her bath she opened presents from her Aunt Chan, Uncle Tanner, and cousin Parker
She thought the decorative block was a phone :)
Thank you so much Tanner and Chan for making her birthday so awesome, we love getting to spend time with you guys!!!
This is just a picture of his two girls cuddling with him, they get so excited when he gets home from work they basically attack the man! The girls LOVE to cuddle and luckily their dad loves it just as much!
On Saturday's we try to let dad sleep in a little bit (as in... around seven in the morning) and Kaydence loves when I say she can go wake dad up so she can jump into bed with him.
We went sledding the other week on a day where it was a little warmer (between the 40's and 50's). The first time Kaydence went down the hill she went with her dad but after that she just loved going down by herself.
Her face as she went down was pretty comical, she looked terrified one minute then the next had an expression of absolute elation. I think it was a little bit of a rush for her because she just kept on wanting to do it again and again.
She was so cute watching her pull the sled all the way up the hill by herself, she is such a big girl!